Tips for Great Business Headshots
Business professionals understand that first impressions are often lasting impressions, and having a great business headshot is an important first step.
Getting a good portrait also requires more than just sitting in front of the camera. It’s a partnership between you and the photographer
Here are a few tips to ensure the best results
- For men, don’t get your hair cut the day before your session. Your hair will look more natural if you get it cut a few days in advance.
- For women, you may want to have your hair styled the same day as your session.
- Get rested. A good night’s sleep the night before your session, drink plenty of water and avoid salty foods and alcohol. This will help reduce dark circles under your eyes.
- Mid to late morning are ideal times to schedule your session. You’ll feel more energized and typically have fewer thins on your mind. You’ll find it easier to relax, too.
- Makeup for women should be simple and not overdone. Choose an approach that minimizes shine on your skin.
- Wear clothing that fits well. Not too tight or too loose. Bring freshly ironed clothes to change into at your session to avoid unwanted wrinkles.
- Darker colors (blue, gray) and mid-tones look good on most people. Jewel tones can work for women as well. Avoid strong pattern, bold stripes, clothing with checks or herring bones, logos, and plain white clothing.
- Long-sleeved clothing that creates a V-neckline (like a jacket with shirt underneath) looks flattering on most people. Turtlenecks should be avoided (unless you want to pull off the Audrey Hepburn look).
- Keep your accessories simple. Neckties, scarves, and jewelry should not draw attention away from the face.
- Coordinate your clothing choices with the photographer before the session in order to select colors that will complement the environment or background. Tor headshots and portraits, I tend to choose white, gray or brown backgrounds since these work well with nearly any color clothing. If in doubt, bring a few options with you.
- Unless you plan to update your headshot annually, stay away from trendy looks or anything that will appear dated in a few years.
Read More Here: https://www.stuarthasson.com/category/business-headshots/
Stuart Hasson Studios
Contact Stuart Hasson Studios
Someone will reach out to you soon!
We respect your privacy and will never spam or sell your information.