11 Ways to Honor Our Veterans-on-Veterans Day !
On November 11th of every year, our country observes Veterans Day, a day to honor the brave men and women who have served in the U.S. Armed Forces. While the three-day weekend is nice to relax and enjoy with your friends and families, Veterans Day isn’t just an extra day off work — it’s so much more than that. American veterans put their lives on the line to protect our country and our way of life. They’ve sacrificed so much for our freedom, and we are forever grateful for their courage and service.
Ways to Show Your Appreciation
Many restaurants and businesses offer veterans discounts and freebies on Veterans Day to show their appreciation. They’ll generally ask for proof of your service, such as a military ID.
Here are some nationwide:
- California Pizza Kitchen
- Olive Garden
- Buffalo Wild Wings
- Academy Sports & Outdoors
- Home Depot
Here are 11 ways you can show your appreciation:
- Attend a local parade or event honoring our veterans.
- Volunteer your time or donate to a cause.
- Teach your children the meaning of Veterans Day. Help them understand who a veteran is and what freedoms we enjoy because of them.
- Support veteran-owned businesses. Check with your chamber of commerce if you can’t find them online. If you shop on Google, companies will be labeled if they’re veteran-owned.
- Thank a veteran for their service.
- Be spontaneous-if you’re at a restaurant, offer to pay for their meal. If you’re in line at the grocery store, offer to pay their bill.
- Donate to a charity supporting our veterans.
- Offer to help a veteran with yard work or household tasks.
- Hang the American flag, but be respectful of the guidelines.
- Managers and business owners — recognize your military employees for their brave sacrifices.
- Send a thank-you letter, or better yet, host a letter-writing event through A Million Thanks.
You don’t need to wait until Veterans Day to show your appreciation. Veterans deserve our thanks and support every day of the year.
Ready To Learn More?
An administrator will reach out to you soon!
We respect your privacy and will never spam or sell your information.